View Single Post
Old 18th September 2021, 10:26   #13
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
It is standard and expected practice everywhere, period. They are trained to make money, nothing else, you are a cash cow, nothing personal, same as when you approach a dealership to buy a new car, they are trained to rip the public off, so you have to do your homework, it is a battlefield, no prisoners, or quarter, they are NOT your friend, negotiate with head, stay cool, walk away at a moment's notice if you don't get what you want, never tell the sales person anything they don't need to know, stay focus, no need to be rude, just don't answer their questions, and say as little as possible, once you make your case keep quiet, let them go on, when they are finished, repeat the same thing, if they get tiresome, just walk away.

Wow! Too much like going into battle all guns blazing in expectation of a barrage! One minute of that would probably be enough to get his back up and treat you accordingly. I’ve spent my working lifetime in hard sales and have found that a genuine smile and a polite handshake works wonders. For both sides!