View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:53   #13
DavidJ
Avid contributor

MG6 & MG TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi David,

A pampered car like your Dad's could do well at a classic car auction. There was a ZT-T 190 at Bonham's only last month. It takes all the hassle out of selling: no haggling or worry about test drives!

Simon
Interesting idea Simon, but every auction I have ever seen on TV seems to need buyers fees, sellers fees & administration fees. Not sure an MG ZT, even a nice one, can command a price to make all the fees worthwhile. I will bear in mind though if it all gets too much. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
All of the above is probably very good advice, but I’ve always let the potential buyer drive the car, usually on their own!
It’s what I’d want to do if I went to buy a car.
Trustworthy, naive or just a rural thing....?
I usually make an educated guess if the car they’ve come in is worth more than what I’m selling.
Of course, it could be stolen, etc etc, but life’s too short to get bogged down in all the “what ifs”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
75D what about insurance? If the potential buyer steals it I have no cover as I gave him the key! If he crashes it I have no cover. If he gets stopped by the police he has no cover but I get the impound fees. Or would you, as a potential buyer, expect to arrange your own cover?
DavidJ is offline   Reply With Quote