View Single Post
Old 7th April 2016, 20:28   #16
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

I'm on two sides of this, sympathising with both Murphy's and KC's point of view. All can say is from personal experience, someone in government needs to take a long hard look at the benefit assessment.
Personal experience is, paid in for over 45 years, didn't opt of SERPS and also paid for a private pension, purely to get better than basic state pension. Neighbour of mine only paid NI for 20 years, opted out of SERPS and didn't buy a private pension, so because of low income gets a pension credit top up, giving the same income as me.
So why did I bother!
I'd also remind fellow club members, recently a club member well deserving of disability benefit was put in fear of losing it, thanks to over zealous interpretation benefit rules.
So as far as I'm concerned, if someone is going to benefit from the extra I paid in, it should be someone with genuine disabilities, not my neighbour who preferred holidays abroad rather than save for old age.
MODS please note, this is not a politically based comment and not intended to breach club rules, just intended to balance the views of Murphy and KC.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote