Thread: Tier 4
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2021, 08:29   #37
Caulkhead
Avid contributor

Rover75 Tourer

[QUOTE=marinabrian;2857420]Well put Clive, treat anyone who is not wearing a face covering, or indeed wearing it incorrectly as if they present a very real risk to your wellbeing and act accordingly.

As you point out an exemption from wearing a face mask does not give the exempt person the right to act with reckless abandon, in very much the same was as wearing one should not do so either.

While I know that if I do not place anyone around me at any increased risk by my actions, it is impossible for a stranger to know this, and it is for this very reason I choose wear a mask while shopping although exempt, out of respect for others feelings.

Back to the post that seems to have ruffled so many feathers, I already felt uncomfortable enough withdrawing several thousands of pounds in cash from the only branch of the bank available to me having had their parking spaces outside appropriated into pedestrian zones as part of Newcastle's Covid-19 social distancing measures, and the thought of having to walk the half mile to where I'd parked the car was not one I relished.

So I chose to employ a technique that is entirely within the law, while deliberately conveying to those who might approach me, that I may present a very real risk to their own health and well being, and to stay well clear.

It seemed to me at least entirely reasonable at the time, but in any event no harm was caused and no laws broken, which is what has been implied both on thread and via PM.

Brian, I think that you are making an accusation that I implied that you broke the law. If you read my original response, I questioned your actions. When you contacted my by PM you explained that you had an exemption, I advised you that if you had chosen to explain that in your first post, I would not have questioned you. You have chosen to explain further your thoughts and actions. Let me be clear to all, I feel that your original post suggested that you felt it was for an individual to decide if compliance with the law was acceptable. I don’t agree that it is, if I made an error in this I apologise.

You have clarified that you have an exemption therefore what you did was reasonable and allowed. Given you choosing to explain further I completely agree.

My point remains that without a mask wearing exemption, entering an enclosed indoor space, such as a bank is not permitted, do you agree? I apologise if I am wrong, please explain why, if you think I am.

On another point,

As an ex headteacher in state provided special education, the school where I enjoyed many happy years of employment has remained open throughout the pandemic, as it supports young people with education and health care plans, they are by definition therefore recognised as vulnerable, and my ex colleagues have striven to do their best to continue to provide a first class service. I am so sorry to hear that some teachers are not doing all they can to support their students, however my belief is that the overwhelming majority will go the extra mile.

I guess all sectors have less than perfect practitioners, my recent experience over my MOT failure demonstrated this, in that one garage decided the car was beyond reasonable economic repair and another did some work for a few hundred pounds and issued an MOT.

Your serve!
Caulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote