Thread: Eezibleed?
View Single Post
Old 6th March 2021, 07:22   #1
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Question Eezibleed?

I bought an Eezibleed set as an impulse buy last weekend, as the Rover 25 was off the road with poor performing brakes. None of the supplied screw caps fitted, so I modded an old 25's bayonet twist cap to fit, and attached the Eezibleed feed pipe into the top of it. Having read the stories of brake fluid squirting everywhere, I did a light 'dry' test at 10 psi, half the recommended max pressure, with a small bicycle tyre. It leaked. I fitted a new O ring seal in the modded cap and tried again, it was better, but still leaked around the cap seal. Not wanting a brake fluid shower, or having to run around the brake nipples at the speed of Benny Hill, I chucked the Eezibleed in the corner and resorted to a clear pipe with a one-way valve on the end. This worked fine, once I had worked out that the old master cylinder was not pumping through to rear brakes and fitted a bench-bled new master cylinder.

My question is, does the Eesibleed fit the 75/ZT brake or clutch circuit with the supplied screw fittings, and does anyone think it is worth keeping?