View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:26   #14
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I have spoken to the seller twice and he just says that it is fine and that the car comes with "warranty"! It's parts only and who knows what they would charge for labour.

The video "check" is what I would be doing. See where the clutch takes up and how much movement there is.

My good lady has told me to stop worrying, buy the car and if it needs it, just pay for a new clutch! Woman's logic. Maybe she is correct. Stop stressing Roverbarmy!!!

This video seems much clearer:-

https://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/ho...-kia-sportage/

Not bad at all if you have a lift.
What smacks me in the face as a red flag is the statement "they all do that" it's a blatant cop out. They don't all do that, it is faulty and they either don't know of the issue or couldn't care less.

If they are not going to fix it then knock the cost off the purchase price.

Regardless of how much it costs to put right it's not right now at point of sale, its not wear and tear it's a broken part. And as for the warranty being parts only, I would guess in this sort of repair (thrust bearing assy only) the parts would only make up 10 to 15% of the bill.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 23rd September 2021 at 18:31..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote