Old 5th November 2021, 21:06   #5
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
In fairness, that's a MINI Countryman not just the hatch

There are people who do not consider ICE cars with fuel injection and plastic bumpers as classics, but as the cars age and the scene evolves, what is accepted as a classic also changes. This will apply to BEVs in time. How this will present itself remains to be seen. I suspect enthusiastic interest for BEVs will be driven by aftermarket performance enhancement, given the potential there. It's something I will struggle with personally as BEVs are appliances that serve a purpose (perhaps with the exception of something like a Taycan) but I'm prepared to be converted.

Yeah I know what you mean, I was talking with a few of my mates in another classic car forum I used to belong to & everyone to a man said they wouldn't consider any future classic that had a plug at all
It had to be a pure ICE car or nowt. The problem is in 2025 the next iteration of the Euro Cat 7 emission standards come into force which will be 15% stricter than they are today
The vast majority of pure ICE cars would really struggle to meet those stricter limits unless it has a plug & an electric axle.

ICE car manufacturers can barely meet today's emission standards as it is hence the multi hundreds of €millions in fines for failing to meet their average fleet emission limits in recent years. Strange times ahead.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote