View Single Post
Old 21st March 2019, 21:52   #7
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Go for it! .... the roads in France are in general very good compared to UK and your 75 will waft along lovely!

For info .... we drove back through France last month and I'd put a yellow reflective vest in our front windscreen. I had spotted others were doing the same.

When we encountered a group of about 80 Yellow Vest Protesters just South of Carcassonne, although they initially blocked the motorway exit I just drove very slowly forward through the group ... and ended up high-five-ing the ladies and gents as I went through!

I know it's not all about the price of fuel now, but I think they understood my "L'essence, c'est la meme en Angleterre!!" .... but not sure my "Power to the People" was!

Don't forget your headlight beam benders, yellow vests, warning triangles (but you won't need them! ) and spare bulbs. I carried a pair of those Breathalyser check things just in case, although not compulsory I was told. And just check out the newly reduced speed limits before you go too.

Enjoy your trip.... whichever part you are going to....

Bon route!

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote