View Single Post
Old 17th October 2021, 16:22   #18
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Thanks Bob,

All fine here. Seems ages since we met at Longbridge, and you kindly gave me those parts from Ian in Weymouth via pony express!

My ZT eventually passed it's MOT recently. A new rear offside sill was expected [picked up a new one from Tom Hobbs, and my pal has done some magic "invisible" welding and spraying! However, the sight of most of the osf spring sitting on top of the tyre as the car went through it's underside inspection wasn't! Very lucky no further damage, but the spring had been unknowingly broken near it's end as the break was rusty, it must have come out when the car drove off the brake rollers. Had to get some heat to bend the spring out of the way to enable the car to move and sort replacement.....

While sorting this, my t[r]usty old Citroen C15 van failed it's MOT spectacularly due to inner wing and bulkhead rust, but it will live on with a new owner who likes welding projects [and 75/ZTs!]. Couldn't find a decent ageing small van as a replacement quickly, but for now, I've dropped onto a well looked after Ford C Max diesel, but think it will be too wide to go down some of the places the C15 got to! You'll also be disappointed to learn it's not yellow or pink, just regular silver....!

Take care of yourself, and don't get stressed with car issues

Kevin
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote