View Single Post
Old 25th December 2020, 12:31   #1
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default My upcoming MG ZS EV

Four weeks to go til pick up, I'm going to chart the trials & tribulations of the process of getting a 7kw wall box charger with the OLEV grant. Already hit the first snag with BP Pulse regarding the charger!

I ordered the car 1st November but they've been so busy with installations it's taken until now for them to contact me.

They need lots of pictures of your property and where you want the 7kw charger installed, they need to know how many people live there, what type of electric appliances you have.
One of the criteria besides needing off road parking or garage which I have both is the household needs to have a modern electrical system, My old house built around the first world war doesn't

You need pictures of earth bonding clamps to all the metal pipework i.e. gas, water, shower, boiler which this house doesn't

I got electricity north west out t'other day to safety check our electricity system, it passed well within specs including the earthing wires which go under the floorboards to I'm guessing the pipework but they're certainly not the 10 mm gague you need for today's code.

They said it will need an upgrade from the bakerlite system I have to a comsumer unit & isolation switch, with the Christmas holidays this will have to wait.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote