View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:46   #68
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

The range of my car has risen since this warmer weather kicked in from what I've been reading other people are seeing the same thing also.

A neighbour came over yesterday when I had the garage doors open & he was asking about charging the car on house electrics, I said I'm still using the "granny cable" that came with the car to charge until our shared loop electrics are upgraded. When you plug it in the MG logo on the front grill pulsates when it's charging & stays a solid white colour when the main battery pack cells are balancing.

The MG logo went to solid colour so the car was balancing the battery pack, Three hours later it had finished so I checked the % of the charged battery & the range in 'Normal' mode had risen from the last few charges of 139 miles to 154 miles

Quite a few people have been complaining of the reduced range in Winter months due to the main battery pack being cold and a software update that made matters worse. My car is unaffected by that particular BMS update as it was downloaded into vehicles last year & I only got mine this year

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote