View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2021, 07:27   #89
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Good to see your enjoying the car, I changed our petrol auto ZS after about 8 months as I couldn’t get a running issue fixed and any dealer that didn’t supply it would not look at it. I changed it for an Ioniq hybrid as we Had bought the ZS from Longbridge so not on the doorstep as there is no local dealers.
I want to go full electric next year and the Ioniq and Kona boots are too small for what I need so I’m looking at MG again as I know the ZS boot is the same size as the battery pack is underneath. However, our house is over 100 years old so anticipating similar problems to yourself. I think ours was re wired about 50 years ago but I still have doubts.

Yeah even though we haven't used it all that much with the pandemic restrictions I love the quiet ride of these BEV's, Very relaxing.

I think our house wiring was replaced some time in the 1960's judging by the stuff we found under the floorboards, An empty players number 6 cigarette packet was in there as well as off cuts of wiring.

We had the DNO do a safety check on the house electrics which they passed OK.

The OLEV people don't seem to like old style electrics even though the DNO passed ours as safe

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote