View Single Post
Old 7th June 2020, 14:26   #59
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
357 is far too many deaths in last 24 hours to have relaxed the rules starting when we did. I’m not worried for myself, I’m only concerned for the good of the country as a whole.
I find that hard to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
The UK has become only the second country to report more than 40,000 coronavirus deaths, according to the latest government figures today.

By any standard, comparison or measure this is appalling.

Hopefully, the media keep highlighting this issue, as each death is a personal family Tragedy.
You are exactly the dream poster child of those wishing for totalitarianism, every death is a family tragedy, irrespective of cause........so tell me how you defend to the widow of a cancer patient, or a heart attack victim, or indeed death by any other reason, that someone who has died with Covid-19, that their death is somehow more tragic than that loss of their loved one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I would expect to see the numbers under control. I cannot give absolute figures but my feeling is the economic case for easing the lockdown has been given priority over health considerations. On a health front it seems to me to be risky. The first wave isn't over, a second wave is a possibility. Only time will tell how the UK government has performed in all this, I’m sure it will be discussed for years. I bet labour is thankful they didn’t win the last election.
It's easy to see with your closing sentence, that once again political bias is colouring views, this crisis should be viewed entirely apolitically, doesn't matter what you are, who you vote for, you stand the same chance as anyone of dying, or indeed not

541,589 people died in England and Wales in 2018, that is 45132 per month, allied with a population increase 11.543 births per 1000 people on the overall figures.

The death rate in 2019 was 623,087 equating to 51923 per month

The figures for the first 17 weeks of 2020 show that 229,294 deaths were registered, compared with 209,249 people in the first 17 weeks of 2018.

Now you can consider me a heretic, but sacrificing the entire world on the alter of Covid-19 is on the face of things foolhardy, and the underlying reasons for doing so are far more sinister than that of the effect of infection will ever be.

At some point people will realise we are being led down the garden path, and the prevention of the spread of Covid-19 is far more detrimental to life in general that that of the effect of the virus is on the population.

This coronavirus will not have a viable vaccine produced in time, if ever to save the country from financial ruin, and the only way realistically to proceed is the building of herd immunity, a nettle that must be grasped at some point.

One thing more, you are going to die, I am going to die, my children and their children will die, it is the only thing in life that is assured, and as such it is our duty to live our lives as fully and purposefully as we possibly can.

If you want to believe the absolute rubbish we are being spoonfed by the extremely biased media, the "facts" driven by the "science" who of course have no bias, especially when their funding sources are scrutinised, and hide out in your pillow fort until it all goes away, then fine do just that, it is your own choice to do so.

I prefer to live my life, and not simply exist

I've said it before, and I will say it again right from the beginning of this entire fiasco, there was something serious we were not being told about this pandemic, so cloaked in the hysteria whipped up by the media and it's constant handwringing and frankly distasteful reporting in minutiae, of each personal "tragedy", what do you believe that to be?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote