View Single Post
Old 8th November 2020, 19:34   #2
SKS Disco
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushly View Post
Hi. Posted a few times over the years on here and would appreciate any help. I am reasonably computer savy for an oldy but I am running out of ideas on this one.
I have a new EWS Editor Lite and I am attempting to program a new transponder. I have loaded the software and drivers onto a clean version of XP which I know from the suppliers is the only software it will run on. It took a while to sort the drivers but I now have what appears to be a functioning interface. I can read any of my keys (I have a Zt and a 75 so I have a number of keys) and the VIN and mileage can be read.
My problem is I cant read the EWS. I am using the correct contact on the pcb and the insulation has been removed so I have good electrical contact. I select "Read EWS" and the software goes through the 4 attempts to read and finally gives an "EWS read ERROR" message.
I have rung out the din cable to make sure there is not a bad solder joint but without a wiring diagram for the cable I can only test for continuity as I dont know which wires should be connected to which din pin.
Hope this all makes sense to someone and apologies for the length of the post. Any suggestions appreciated.
Sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to use. I very much doubt anything but T4 will even communicate with the EWS