View Single Post
Old 25th July 2015, 12:30   #1
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Default Are any brake disks/pads better than OEM?

Time has come to give the 190,000 mile cdt conn se the full refurb of suspension and braking systems.

I intend to do the rear upper arms, new springs, all new front struts, new flexi brake hoses all round, new copper brake pipes at the front then all round new disks and pads. I know what i want for all the suspension bits, but when it comes to the brakes, the car has always had OEM genuine MGR stuff, which whilst being very long life parts, lasting typically 60,000 miles a set, are not the sharpest brakes in the world.

They stop the car, but dont have that sharp bite that you get when stamping on them, and this was brought home to me when i bought the second car earlier this year and while it is also a cdt, has much sharper brakes.

So i am considering 3 options

1. MGR OEM again
2. Pagid- attracted by their resistance to rust, and reviews that claim them to be OEM quality
3. Mtek- wondering if the slotted disks will help anything, but dont know much about any long term reviews or their likely lifetime. Dont want to be affecting ride quality in any way. Can the presence of those slots be felt through the pedal or vibrations when stopping?

Any feedback from anyone who have tried all or any of those 3 ?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote