View Single Post
Old 28th April 2019, 21:26   #52
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=266522 In this thread, the OP has the cost of the labour and new parts provided by the manufacturer of the failed part(s), twice! Nice to know that reputable manufacturers will stand the cost of their failures. This is the first car I have owned with an internal clutch slave. I am half way through changing it, and the clutch, all of which I suspect is the original, factory fitted in 2001, having completed 133,000 miles. The hydraulics have not failed, the bearing is very worn, but still rotates smoothly. It is simply that the clutch plate has worn down so far, the rivets have worn away, and what is left of the friction rings are floating free! This is the most time consuming and complex clutch change I have ever done (not that I have done many). The last slave I had to change was on my wife's old MGF - dead easy, bolted to the outside of the gearbox. Why did they not do this for the 75/ZT? Or were they going to, until BMW got their hands on it?
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote