View Single Post
Old 18th April 2022, 09:15   #30
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Those are oem rimmer parts, i moaned at rimmers as this was the only way i could get it done and they sent aa second bush at there cost because the first bush was recked trying to use less force to push it on by hand as i have done several times before with success.. If done correctly this way works its been on a good while without issue but it has to be well lubed and precision required. The oil socket should fit exactly on the inner slip ring of the bush and fit over the arm then no stress on bush rubbers, any other way it will wreck.

Perhaps a filing down of the arm might have helped but surely oem parts shouldn't need to be filed to the right size, if they do they are out of spec?

If i ever get the current arm split from the sub-frame i might have to do this again later or tomorrow, will be interesting to see how it fits.
They are supposed to be OEM parts but very rarely are. The bush must never be a tight fit on the arm. This WILL destroy it.
The ONLY way is to carefully reduce the arm size.

As I said in a previous post early failures were blamed on the bushes when they were actually on the road to disaster from the word go by poor fitting.

Use a jack=shooting yourself in the foot.----

It will simply introduce a problem that will NOT solve itself.

Last edited by COLVERT; 18th April 2022 at 09:18..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote