View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 19:22   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Les, it's an advisory, in other words an observation at the tester's discretion. Every vehicle on the road has "slightly worn" brake discs! That doesn't make them dangerous or, indeed, in need of replacement.

As Ian has said, the correct way to determine brake disc wear is to measure its thickness and compare against the manufacturer's data. Your garage will not have done that because it's next to impossible without removing the wheels and they're not allowed to do that during an MOT test.

I'm afraid that this is an attempt by your garage to frighten you into spending money unnecessarily. But I must be wrong because they are "professionals" and should be trustworthy.

You do not need to do anything Les. Enjoy your car.

Simon
I wish I were a clairvoyant like you Simon, and without viewing the car, and at a distance of 250 miles, determine there is nothing wrong with the brakes

Unbelievable as it may seem to someone as cynical as you, there might actually be a good reason there was an advisory issued, and when it comes to brakes, I'd say it would be prudent to actually check out what has been advised and not give this "advice"

"You do not need to do anything Les. Enjoy your car."

I've never heard such poor "advice" given........ever, you may even realise how foolish you have been on this occasion, and wish to retract the last sentence of your "statement of fact"

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote