View Single Post
Old 31st July 2020, 13:33   #38
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Fair enough Jeff One of the photos I posted up on a photography forum, showed a lioness drinking from a puddle of water in a field of grass. Someone in the photography forum was quite critical of the photo, saying it was rubbish and in editing I should have created more field to the left of the lionesses, through clone and stamp - making the photo much wider. I did not oblige as I didn’t really understand how to do it in an undetectable way. I thanked the guy for his brilliant comment.

I had a similar remark from someone else, who felt layering was cheating. I had a laugh, as later on he was using a layer to replace a bland sky. He didn’t do it very well and on top of that, he oversaturated the sky with too much blue, unattractive. I didn’t say anything as I didn’t want to destroy his post.

It can work, if it’s carefully done

Your a professional photographer Jeff and I really value your opinion
It can indeed work very well, it's just not what I would call photography. It is however very much art in itself
Me is a tog though and it's not something I choose to do.
I'm of the get it right in camera. Use editing to bring out the best in the photo but not put in what wasn't there