View Single Post
Old 31st July 2019, 07:15   #25
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42 View Post
As for who's fault it was he has no place to go. Will be all on my CCTV.
His insurance company have not said that they will scrap my car. Told him it will more than likely it will be classed as a written off. By my insurance.
As of this morning sounds as if his car will also be written off. Needs 4 doors plus what ever is found. Feel sorry for him lovely bloke and he really was gutted.
But see what the insurance say when they start .

Why would you claim on your insurance? Yes they will have the power to write it off. As would the other insurance - however you have no obligation with the other insurance to accept anything.

Quote:
I should be ok with the insurance. Full protected no claims.
And will have to read the small print. But if I was not to blame it will not count against me.

Bet it does though

Again, you own insurance only needs to be informed, (material fact which may affect the insurance) . Protected no claims or third party only shouldn't matter: because your claim isn't against yourself.

Quote:
Pass I think the same. But he was told that by his insurance.
Mine not been informed as yet . But you know what insurance people are like . Has the name rover on so its written off before you start.
I will fight it if that's what they say.

The other insurance actually can declare your car a write off if you were to insist on repair at a greater cost than the market value of your car (where repair cost includes any other expenses such as hire car etc..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
exactly. Even more so if it is written off (although I am not sure if they can or not - but that is where your insurance comes in, for the legal cover if you have it), If it is written off, it will be recorded on the MID, perhaps even any payout I will be too. it is not an issue until you would come to claim, and they see it, and then they could void the policy (that's the threat in my terms and conditions).

You only have to phone them to state a 'for your information only'. It also means, should you need legal action, you have fulfilled your obligations to them, to which they then cannot deny you assistance.

You do have to inform your insurance as clf states, just make sure you make it clear 'this is not a claim'.

I'd ask pick up for what purpose. If the word assessment was at all used in relation to the pick up I'd tell them not to bother. There's no need for your car to go anywhere until they are agreed to cover repair costs in full in writing.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote