Thread: Walker Exhaust?
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2019, 17:40   #9
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Following on from this thread I thought in readiness I would follow up with Walkers to source a replacement for mine given the original can't last much longer. I specifically targeted Walkers brand as they offer a 3yr warranty.

The Customer Service I received was absolutely first class. Seemingly they haven't made the diesel back box for over 2 years and there is no stock in any distribution depots anywhere in Europe. Their sales office didn't leave it there, they said there maybe a good chance to find one in an Irish motor factor and they would phone around.

They called me back 2 hours later to say they had found one in Lewes, E. Sussex and if I wanted it the motor factor was willing to let them have it back because he didn't do online sales. They collected it, called me today when it was back in their depot and within 4 hours I had collected it from a local motor factors who they had arranged would collect from them and sell it to me and, because it was a non stocked item, the factor charged me a well discounted price of £70.
In this day and age where you frequently hear of poor or non existent customer service I felt compelled to pass on this experience. It was especially noteworthy given I am an end user punter, their direct customers being the motor trade.
I did suggest that if/when they manufacture again I would spread the word via the club but apparently production planning is complex and they cannot say if/when they will make again.
I am hoping their product matches the service but I'm one happy bunny.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote