Thread: Avoid Mintex
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 14:17   #13
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
This is in the back of the MK2 Tourer I am looking at. I was told it had new brake pads. Anyone have experience with Meyle for pads? I know they're a desirable brand for suspension/steering parts.

Cheers,
Glenn
I have been doing some research lately into discs and pads lately as I will be changing my fronts very soon.

The general view I found on Meyle discs and pads is that they are good quality, up there with TRW and Brembo's OEM replacements. They're not cheap either.

I ordered a set of TRW discs for a good price, I wanted them specifically because of the black coating on the unswept area of the disc.

I have always avoided mintex pads due to the bad reviews of their performance and tendency to create a lot of dust.

I fancied trying EBC green stuff pads despite mixed reviews but found a good deal on some Black Diamond Predator Fast road pads so decided to give them a try instead. they're supposed to be at least as good as a decent OEM pad in general performance but with less fade when hot and more "feel". For what I paid, I think they may be worth investigating.
Born Friday, 9th April 2004 @ 09:54:49
This vehicle was the 14,388th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,491st ZT CDTi + (135) to be made out of 4,184
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote