View Single Post
Old 24th June 2019, 07:38   #147031
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Either that was a good throw or I have all there relatives here. Loads of the little blighters.

LOL Morning Bob, I've never seen as many slugs/snails in my life lately. They're eating some of my plants leaving only the stalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Ian, I wonder if they make good bait for fishing or for photography. One of the tricks I use to attract birds of prey for a photo shoot, is to leave a sausage out on the grass. Apparently the French eat snails. I can’t see what the appeal is

Morning Phil, I've never seen the blackbirds or song thrushes eat these snails .

It must be fantastic to see the variety of birds there, I like to watch the birds here feeding on the bird feeders with nuts in them when I'm sat in the conservatory.

We used to see lots of Sparrow hawks that nested on top of the old cotton mills but I don't see them any more

I had to take one of those 'Fat log feeders' down because the snails & slugs found their way to it & it was covered in slime.

I've noticed a lot more sparrows,starlings,t1ts and finches this year then the last few years which is goods news. They seemed to have declined to a point where you almost never saw them.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote