Thread: Toaf Android
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:13   #4
Roverlike
Avid contributor

Rover, few of them

If the Android application is not created to support Bluetooth kind of connection then you can forget wireless. As I see for now it does not.

This means you need to connect Android unit by cable. However Androind unit need to support OTG functionality. OTG= On The Go. What that means: it means Android unit can read data from that port, for example if you connect USB stick to that port Android device will read all data from it as it is microSD card in the Android device, or as it is its internal memory.

USB stick can be connected if USB stick has mini, micro or C-type connector OR you need to buy adapter which from one side has male mini, micro or C-type connector and from the other side it has female A-type connector (to accept regular A-type USB devices). This cable is called OTG adapter, but depends which type of connector you have on the other side: mini, micro or C-type.

If you make hi resolution close-up shot of the connector we might be able to recognise the type.

However I need to warn you that in this case you are connecting cable over adapter to the Android device. This might not work properly, and Android device might not like cable over adapter. I do not have way to tell if this is going to be or not, but I am speaking from experience. If this happens Android device might need cable without adapter which means FDTI chip on OBD port side but mini, micro or C-type connector on the other side.

There is also possibility that Android device will not speak at all with FTDI cable and in that case that is because how Android system handles that port.

Unfortunatly Android world is different from Microsoft or Linux and especialy from iOS world.

I do not have intention to scare you, just wanted to present all options you might encounter in this try.

I do not have experience with Xtron devices so cannot be of much help on that field.

I also noticed this thread: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=272846

Last edited by Roverlike; 2nd April 2021 at 17:57..
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote