View Single Post
Old 21st March 2016, 14:42   #4871
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Bought a new Eezibleed, removed the piston from the master cylinder, cleaned out the reservoir, and the cylinder, then popped the white cap off the end of the piston and cleaned the gunge out of the non return valve.

A smear of rubber grease, and reassembled, then fitted the new Eezibleed to the reservoir, and the Frabtel bleederomatic 3000 (TM) to the other end.

Pressurised the system with no fluid first to check for leaks, then filled the Eezibleed with fresh fluid shook the bottle to aerate the fluid (to aid in scouring any residual debris from the system) and pumped 300ml into a glass jar........yuk !!!!

Refilled the Eezibleed bottle with 400ml, and bled until bubble free then disconnected the quick coupling, leaving the Eezibleed connected and pressurised to check the integrity of the master cylinder......bone dry

Depressurised the system, disconnected the Eezibleed, and refitted the diaphragm and cap to the master cylinder, then connected up to the slave cylinder.

Next came the refitting of the clutch pedal, now at this point I will admit to having lost the circlip gadget from the end of the pedal box shaft when I removed it

Fortunately despite not being able to find it, Colin 2Diesels is currently knacking a Contemporary SE, so a quick visit to Stirling MG in Morpeth bagged me the missing clip.......thanks Colin and Dave

So a smear of LM grease on the pedal shaft, and on the pedal clevis, followed by refitting of the pedal, and the first press of the new clutch..........lovely and light

So back on with the wheels, quick recheck of all torque settings, then off the stands.

Tidied the tools up and washed my hands, dumped my boiler suit, and a quick test drive to the Chinese takeaway to collect tea revealed a super light, super smooth clutch, with a nice precise gearchange

To say the car has been transformed is an understatement, it's amazing how you adapt to a poor clutch

So not the quickest of jobs, but the satisfaction that it has been done properly, with no shortcuts, and no half measures, and I fully expect this to last out the remainder of the car's days.

Brian
Brian

Which clutch parts did you use ? - LUK, B&B ?

Thanks

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote