View Single Post
Old 30th January 2020, 08:05   #6
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

NOW a Club Tourer was 1999 - 75 2.0Ltr Connoisseur SE petrol Saloon

As far as I am aware all forward gears work fine, well they did on the original gearbox set up, just reverse failed. After a decent hard run abut 4-5 miles reverse worked for about 400-500 yards, on and off, also after starting up on a very cold morning. With the replacement set of reverse gears the symptoms were exactly the same as previously; leading us to the conclusion that either the replacement, or the original had the same issue.

The replacement one I acquired had been fitted to another vehicle for a very short time and was declared OK as they too had multiple issues. The set was then removed and I took it from there. I don't have 100% proof that the replacement was perfect - only say-so. Hence the need to split the original gear cluster (as it is handy and out of the gearbox) and examine the piston, for own peace of mind at least.

I have the car up for sale but do not want to sell in the present condition, but if all else fails and I am running out of time, it may have to go as is.
Membership #1896
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote