View Single Post
Old 7th July 2022, 11:24   #19
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaloz View Post
I had a similar experience yesterday. Came round a bend that has restricted visibility to find a large van coming towards me, on the correct side of the road, and a runner directly opposite the van, coming towards me on my side of the road. The runner made no attempt to move off the road, didn’t even slow down, it he did provide me with an ideal opportunity to test the new brakes I fitted the day before ( callipers, discs, pads on front).
The idiot just smirked- I like what has been written above ‘ it’s you fault if you kill me’. That’s just how it felt.
Brakes worked well, fortunately for both of us.
Whether we like it or not, the runner is in the right - he shouldn't have to move off the road or slow down. The new rules make the hierarchy of users clear, with the intent of keeping the more vulnerable road users alive (I agree that the 1.5m rule is perhaps excessive). A court would ask why you were taking a bend with restricted visibility at a speed which required the use of brakes when the runner came into sight.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote