View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 19:46   #743
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Why is it so thirsty Mark if it's not being driven hard?
It’s almost 30 bhp up on standard with no block work. It’s pretty much the highest spec head with the biggest valves that you can get. There’s 1.5 roller rockers which is similar to having a different cam without having to strip the engine and the inlet and exhaust ports ported. The ecu has allegedly been tuned but I’ve never found what was actually done although I have an idea. The induction has been ‘tuned’ using a specific intake tract and a few other bits I’ve probably forgotten about The car is very revvy and in fourth gear will happily drive at 25mph and it will accelerate quick in normal 4th gear driving enough to overtake without dropping into third. The conversion was one just over 20 years ago at great expense and it still brings a smile every time I drive it. It’s just always been rubbish on fuel, but meets emissions. There are better clutches available now as up until recently you could only get the standard part and at the next change it will get a better one.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote