View Single Post
Old 26th September 2019, 00:03   #41
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Latest pain in the rear is rear screen finisher on the ZT.

The old one was well gone and looked a disgrace, I eventually got a couple of new ones, but due to one reason or another took a month to get round to fitting it, and had it on the list of jobs before fixing the broken driveshaft....

So, fitted it yesterday, and there are gaps where it doesnt even meet the screen, and at least a 5mm gap between the two halves at the top of the screen.

The quality and shape of these parts is shocking, not fit for purpose. They were of course made in China, and there are pretty much none left now.

So that's it, I'm stuck with a car that I cannot make look decent, with what looks like a rubbish poorly fitting rear window trim, where there are none left and as I understand it no plans to find another supplier.

What an embarrassment.

It feels like for the last 3-4 years my entire life has been focused on sourcing parts, fixing things, replacing things, upgrading things, maintaining things, trying my best to make the car decent, and it was pretty much giving me an anxiety complex I think, and affecting my nerves and state of mind.

I think this was the final straw and it can sit and rot for all I care now.

Just been reading your posts on this subject and reminds me very much of what I was like with my 75 - everything had to be perfect, the slightest noise or rattle drives you mad, certain things MUST be done... and then eventually it starts having an effect on your mood, mind, nerves etc... Best advice I can give you mate - get shot of it and purchase a basic A-B car which you keep clean and maintained etc BUT without getting attached to it etc. I do like my current Pug 206 but if anything happens to it, do I give two sh*ts ? No I don't. It is simply a mode of transport, there are more important things in life. Hope that helps.

Craig
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote