View Single Post
Old 7th August 2020, 13:01   #8
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogweed View Post
All sensible advice from They Who Know Infinitely More Than I. But… I had exactly the same thing. Got the front o/s sensor replaced, which fixed the speedo etc, but I then got what you seem to be describing, sort of grinding brake pedal – left it in to my local expert, and it was the reluctor ring on the REAR N/S wheel. All sorted now.

Weird or what… either coincidence that both problems should occur more or less simultaneously, or there’s some sort of circuitous alchemy which causes this. A bit like the brake lights coming on ½-strength when a tail light fails

Do a search on threads by me and you'll find it...
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I searched and found your posts regarding my problem. The symptoms sound remarkably similar!
She's been back to the garage today and my mechanic confessed that he doesn't know what is causing it. He says he is going to ring round on Tuesday and get back to me...
I was thinking (as a sort of belt and braces measure) of removing the battery box and checking the connections under it for the ABS thingy. In another thread it was described as if corrosion was found, that could cause erroneous signals to the ecu.
However, having read your thread, I am going to recommend my mechanic look at the rear sensors and the hub!
She had new rear back plates about 18 months ago, but clod of earth's law being what it is, I'm not going to count my chickens lol.
I will try to keep this thread up to date. You never know, it might come in handy for other members!
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote