View Single Post
Old 6th December 2020, 15:57   #11
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
You shouldn't have a push in the back if the car is working as it should, the stock turbo spins up that quick the power should be smooth and taper off around 3750rpm when the turbo runs out of puff. Sounds like you had a faulty MAF.

There are different remaps available, the only thing I can say is, if you have a "160" map put on, have the car put on a dyno afterwards and see what the real number is. Drop a PM to SewerMan on here, he has experienced the "160" maps and beskpoke remaps.

Pros:
Slightly more power than a stock 131
No smoke at all

Cons:
There are maps that can achieve more power, without smoke if the EGR, Manifold and Intercooler are clean.

If you fancy the drive to Cannock I can plug the T4 in and give the car a health check.

Reading the original post properly is probably better than jumping in feet first

The OP owned a car previously which had been XPower upgraded, so 129 BHP, not unlike my own.

He then went on to say his previous car gave you a kick in the pants over a certain rev range which you said would be likely a MAF sensor fault, well that might be the case, it certainly wasn't when it came to my car though it was a defective EGR causing the fault, which was masked when unplugging the MAF sensor.

So after this fault was diagnosed correctly by someone with a lot of experience of these cars, the symptoms all disappeared when I took the garage's advice as to the root cause.

My car now runs beautifully with smooth power delivery across the rev range, a bit like the OP's new car.

So digging a little deeper you will find the new car was previously looked after by Phil-T4, a man with some standing on the forum, so it's quite likely the OP's car has had Phil's expert eye cast over it, and the usual foibles of the diesel sorted out.

Now to the slightly distasteful aspect of this post, and it would appear many others that you make, every time a thread like this is posted on the forum, you immediately jump in with how wonderful your product is as compared to another.

This smacks of desperate marketing, something that should be avoided at all costs.

When I visit a pub or club to speak to the landlord about siting my equipment I never under any circumstances decry the incumbent supplier irrespective of poor service, poor quality equipment etc.

What you find if you do, then people will often question your intent.

Now I'm not saying this will be the case always, but if it is then word will travel quickly within the licenced trade.

Back to the here and now, this forum is a very intimate environment in as much as many of your prospective customers will be members here, and by usage of marketing strategies that are so obviously biased against your competition then you are likely to be judged upon those actions.

I have no axe to grind either way, I have no intention whatsoever of having my car upgraded, be that a 160 remap, or a custom remap as I'm perfectly happy with the car as it came from the factory.

However if I were, I would not be making use of the services offered by a trader that uses a policy of talking down the opposition in favour of their own product

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote