View Single Post
Old 6th December 2020, 16:51   #13
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
Have a 160 map and have a dyno run and you will see why I mention it. There isn't enough fuelling to produce 160bhp. If you've no intention of having of a map, then why bother commenting? I now have access to a dyno and can produce the results of a a 160 mapped car, and then it returned to a stock map with the T4. I could post the results but will people believe me? I doubt it. How about I make an offer, someone with a 160 mapped car can have a free dyno run and have a printout of the power, that way I can't have anything to do with the map and it will be a randomers car.

The 160 map is better than stock, and it isn't a bad map, it will do for most people, I'm just saying that there are more powerful maps out there. If you want a moderate increase of driveability, go for it. If you want maximum power (which some people don't want) then there are other maps available.

Feel free to come to a Nano meet when they are back on if you wish to speak to me in person, I can show you how remapping works and the values that are altered and what things can be altered in a map.

You've mentioned your EGR before on a post. It is typically the MAF sensor that causes a loss of low end power and what feels like turbo kick, not always, but it normally is. Unplugging the maf takes like 10 seconds and is easy to test.

Unplugging the MAF takes 10 seconds? and unplugging the MAF disables the EGR.

John told me the most common misconception people make when faced with the symptoms of a lack of power under 2000 RPM was to suspect the MAF, when in fact nine times out of ten it is a problem with the EGR.

He demonstrated this to me in real time, explained the cause and the fix....job done.

Back to your sales pitch, that is the reason I commented Jamie

You can have the best product in the market, however if you need to resort to talking down the opposition then it's never going to be as good as you claim it to be

I see you own several BMW models, I've had a few of those in the past including a rather nice 850 Ci coupe I bought new in 1992.

That was a rapid car, I spotted one driving around locally and soon after headed to the showroom and treated myself.

This car propelled me along at a respectable pace, having the M70B50 under the bonnet.

The point being this, I drive a ZT-T because I'm less likely to have the thing keyed, or otherwise vandalised while parked outside a pub, plus my customers don't get the wrong sort of impressions based upon the type of car I'm driving at the time......that say for instance turning up in a Porsche 911 might convey

I've been in business for a long time, profitably I may add, and one thing I've learned is to make progress you don't slate the opposition either publicly or privately, and to do so shows a distinct lack of business acumen.

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote