View Single Post
Old 6th December 2020, 17:02   #14
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
Unplugging the MAF takes 10 seconds? and unplugging the MAF disables the EGR.

John told me the most common misconception people make when faced with the symptoms of a lack of power under 2000 RPM was to suspect the MAF, when in fact nine times out of ten it is a problem with the EGR.

He demonstrated this to me in real time, explained the cause and the fix....job done.

Back to your sales pitch, that is the reason I commented Jamie

You can have the best product in the market, however if you need to resort to talking down the opposition then it's never going to be as good as you claim it to be

I see you own several BMW models, I've had a few of those in the past including a rather nice 850 Ci coupe I bought new in 1992.

That was a rapid car, I spotted one driving around locally and soon after headed to the showroom and treated myself.

This car propelled me along at a respectable pace, having the M70B50 under the bonnet.

The point being this, I drive a ZT-T because I'm less likely to have the thing keyed, or otherwise vandalised while parked outside a pub, plus my customers don't get the wrong sort of impressions based upon the type of car I'm driving at the time......that say for instance turning up in a Porsche 911 might convey

I've been in business for a long time, profitably I may add, and one thing I've learned is to make progress you don't slate the opposition either publicly or privately, and to do so shows a distinct lack of business acumen.

Alf
I've found the opposite is normally true, that 9/10 MAFs are out of spec. I can only comment on what I have personally found. People who I have told have a faulty MAF and have replaced them with brand new Bosch ones have then had their power restored and the MAF reads within spec.

I'm talking down the opposition because their numbers aren't correct. Find me a 160 mapped car, and let me see it on a dyno in person and I will be quiet if it hits 160bhp. I've spoken to a few people who have put 160 mapped cars on different dynos and seem to get around 140-145bhp. Like I said, it is an improvement over stock, but more power can be had.

People on here are too complacent and just believe what certain people say to be the truth.

Last edited by Jamiewelch; 6th December 2020 at 17:04..
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote