View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:37   #43
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
I wonder if I can get some advise on these mounts, on my V6 I had a noticable jerk when accelerating hard and autobox changing between 2nd and 3rd I believe ( on smooth acceleration this was not evident) so I changed the tear drop mount 2 years ago but the issue did not get resolved, so last year I got Lates to fit a new hydramount unfortunately this did fit as it was too long I was told and they fitted a used one that was better then mine but of another car. I also had the 2/4 soleniod changed. Now this did help a bit but still the box was not smooth under hard acceleration. I have another new hydromount to fit in a few weeks time but wonder if other mounts need changing.
i would also say I notice some jolt when braking and I feel the autobox changing down to match the engine speed.

All assistance gratefully recieved.

Stubie

I have very little experience with auto's im sure Arctic or other knowledgable members will be along shortly. However i do know that if you get a knock under hard braking it could indicate the gearbox mount is worn and that mount sits under the battery box. I lifted the battery box off a few weeks ago to inspect it (manual box) and took a photo or two, cant be much different on the auto.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote