Thread: Fuel Pump woes
View Single Post
Old 27th June 2017, 22:29   #1
sundancer

Rover 75 1.8 Club Tourer, Rover 25 & MG ZR

Default Fuel Pump woes

My 75 Tourer has been trying me all week. Finally got the drive back due to a collapsed CV and got the front suspension sorted out by replacing the complete leg on both sides after discovering both front shocks were shot and there was also a broken green/blue spring which was the wrong one for the car anyway.

Got a set of correct purple/grey springs, new shocks and suspension tops and my car is now silky smooth to drive

Anyway this evening its started, coughed a bit and stopped and then refused to start. Got the scanner on it, no faults in memory, no immobiliser fault.

Tried twatting the cover plate above the fuel pump and it started, so i now know the issue is related to the fuel pump. What i need to know is if one from a 2.5 190BHP V6 ZT-T will fit and work on my 1.8 petrol Tourer?

I have free rain over 2 partially stripped ZT/ZT-T 190 BHP cars so this would help. I haven't had chance to check which pump is on mine, from what i have seen its either going to have either a black or white plastic top, thats as much as i know.

Any help would be appreciated as i'm coming to the end of my tether with this car as its turning into a right money pit
sundancer is offline   Reply With Quote