View Single Post
Old 24th February 2021, 11:41   #12405
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
Trying my best to avoid a string of pot holes on my way home from work and I manage to drop the front offside into a colosseum of a hole!! Bang goes the suspension and now I have an outward dint in the top of my (was) perfect bonnet!!!!!

No spring issues but what the hell is that all about!!!!! The up ward travel on the shock was so much the top of the strut has managed to reach the underside of my lovely bonnet and now it has nice juicy Zit right above the strut!!!

Oh well,,,,, it’s only money!!!
Well,,, as usual it gets worse,, the spring IS broken ( clanging all the way to work) which is why the rubber bush in the top mount appears to be moving up and down a lot more than the near side,, hence why the strut hit the under side of the bonnet.
So,, it’s two new springs. Two new complete top mounts and while we’re at it at 73,000 miles, most likely new struts to make it a proper 3 course meal!!!

Then there’s the issue of repairing the bonnet!!! 🧐🧐🧐

😩😩 It’s only moneyyyy!!! 😩😩

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote