View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 13:25   #14
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190+ View Post
i removed the bleed screw but did not raise the tank as i did not know you had to.
Here's what RAVE says about refilling the KV6. It's from an on-line graphics to text service.

(The lower hose has been disconnected to drain the system).

1. Reconnect bottom hose to radiator and secure with clip.
2. Clean cylinder block drain plug and apply Loctite 242 to first 3 threads.
3. Fit cylinder block drain plug and tighten to 20 Nm.
5. Release expansion tank bleed hose from clip on top hose.
6. Remove bolt securing expansion tank and release tank from location in radiator.
7. Prepare coolant to required concentration.
8. With assistance, raise expansion tank to maximum height hoses will allow (approximately 125 mm).
Caution: When raising the expansion tank, ensure that the plastic hoses do not become kinked.
9. Fill cooling system, keeping coolant to neck of expansion tank until a steady stream of coolant is emitted from bottom hose bleed screw hole, then fit and tighten bleed screw.
10. With expansion tank still raised, continue filling until coolant reaches expansion tank neck and remains static.
11. Lower expansion tank and locate to radiator. Fit bolt and tighten to 5 Nm.
12. Secure expansion tank bleed hose in clip on top hose.
13. Fit engine acoustic cover.
14. Ensure air conditioning is switched off.
15. With expansion tank cap off, start and run engine, at 1500- 2500 rev/min. Fill expansion tank as necessary to maintain coolant level just below expansion tank neck. When coolant starts to rise up expansion tank neck, due to heat expansion, fit expansion tank cap.
16. Continue running engine at 1500 - 2500 rev/ min until cooling fan comes on, then run engine at idle speed until cooling fan stops.
17. Switch off engine and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
18. Check cooling system for leaks.
19. Remove expansion tank cap and, if necessary, top-up coolant to MAX level. If MAX mark is not visible, remove excess coolant until level Is at MAX mark.
20. Refit expansion tank cap.
21. Fit underbelly panel.
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote