View Single Post
Old 4th March 2022, 18:05   #13410
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
Had a wasted afternoon trying to fix a fault on the Connie. After my Scottish road trip holiday ,I have mostly been using my tourer to have some comfort. However last night we had a night at the pictures to see the new film 'The Duke' with Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren ( very funny film and a true story ) and when driving the Connie I notice a drone that is the typical sound of a wheel bearing. Today I checked the rear bearings to start with and found the o/s/r to be the issue. To make it a quick job , I rang the local ECP where I get a trade discount and choked at the price of £70 . I opened the box at the counter to find oily finger prints over the new part . As it was the only one in stock I said I'll chance it but I'm not happy.

I cleaned the back plate corrosion, fitted the part and went for a road test. The abs light was on within 10 feet ! I went for a drive anyway and the drone had gone but I came straight home and removed the part and refitted my old one again and headed back to the shop to complain and the abs light went out.

I got a refund and will order a hub from another supplier
Hub arrived from DMGRS with some sweeties and was cheaper than than ECP even with postage and has a 2 year guarantee and with a new cap and nut.

Worked straight out of the box with no ABS issue or noise

Bacon saved yet again by DMGRS
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote