Thread: Virus spread
View Single Post
Old 20th October 2021, 17:06   #49
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Covid has certainly divided the country. I was irritated by the Welsh first minister (who I'm sure is a nice well meaning guy with good intentions), when he said that we were all in this together. His salary gets paid in full like most civil servants and he remains financially unaffected personally, unlike most of us in the private sector who had to endure a big financial hit. It's time to start living with the virus. I worked a foot away from 20 patients a day from July 6th 2020. We applied the usual universal precautions, and added phone triage screening, social distancing, mask wearing, screens, virus filters and a new extraction system and patients having to wait outside until called, with fallow time and extra cleaning after each patient. I was working during all the subsequent 'waves', unjabbed for seven months. I never wore my space suit, since it was impossible for me to work properly. My nurse lasted longer but she gave up on the suit with her first Pfizer jab. We're now providing all routine services albeit a little more slowly. Media 'Project Fear' however continues unabated with dubious statistics parroted by people who don't understand statistics. Death within 28 days of a positive Covid test has been abused to the nth degree. We know the tests are very inaccurate. Are the labs all doing the same thing? How about 'Deaths within 28 days of a Covid jab? No-one seems interested in reporting that statistic?
Naturally acquired immunity via constant contact with other people is very important to the functioning of our immune systems and protection from scores of other threats. I do hope all our preventive eggs aren't just in the basket of 'jabs for everything for everyone forever including babies and domestic pets'. It is bad science (and somewhat Fascist) to insist those who have recovered from Covid naturally and demonstrate antibodies and have superior immunity should still be jabbed or lose their jobs. I'm double jabbed now, but truly disappointed to find I can still be infected and still spread the virus. I think Professor Ferguson's original doom scenario of 2 million dead was influenced by his knowledge that Covid -19 is a 'gain of function' product from a lab. We're all lucky that the virus was no-where near as bad as they thought. However, if you get it, you may be in that unfortunate miniscule minority amongst our population of 70 million that gets seriously ill and doesn't make a full recovery. Get jabbed, be streetwise and sensible about your normal business (and pay less attention to the talking heads on TV)
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote