View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2018, 20:06   #8
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
Thats a lot of miles but im sure shes served you well . I have read that Terraclean breaths life back into an old engine it may be worth considering as an easy fix .
That could be worth a go the tappets are getting louder now there hydraulic as well so I can't do a valve clearances too reduce, the gutless performance is a bit of a worry.

I'm pretty confident I know what it Is from personal experience with these cars at the same time I'm also thinking of a possibly a valve train issue which does happen and it can lead too a engine build due too vales not preforming as they should.

No blue smoke yet, But I will be keeping an eye on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
if you can get the pipes off try a company called Hyphose, they my be able to make hoses for you or supply the parts

macafee2
Nice one mate cheers for that This could be my best option too take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I had the same problem with power steering hoses on my missus's 72 Mach l Mustang, I got some made up by Pirtek http://www.pirtek.co.uk/products/automotive
They have a place in Trafford park Manchester, I took my old ones in & they made a pair there & then and I never had a problem again.

They were even cheaper & better quality than getting OEM ones from the states.

Pic of when I was re-building it in the early 90's.

Hiya Ian how you doing.

Looks like were both in the same boat the joys of owing US cars.
Nice one mate cheers for that Ian.

Gotter love the mustang

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote