Thread: V8 for repair..
View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 19:09   #18
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
If that dent in the rear door and nearside sill was solely caused by the impact I’d say it’s pretty terminal unless you’ve a dozer to fix it
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
Thinking the same. That looks like a structure issue from the impact. If that could be fixed, the rest is practically bolt ons and basic body and paint work. Plan on a diff overhaul, too. Still, for the price, if no structure trouble, grab it.

Cheers,
Glenn
I don't think it has the door gaps look ok in the pictures and the damage isn't severe enough on the rear 1/4's to suggest that's what has happened more likely secondary damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
the rear pillars are slightly warped aren't they? which would explain why the rear screen shattered.
I suspect the rear screen has shattered due to the boot lid hitting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Looks as though the rear door has been crushed forwards by the rear ending it got.
I don't think it has the door gaps look ok in the pictures and the damage isn't severe enough on the rear 1/4's to suggest that's what has happened more likely secondary damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post
Are they very different from a standard 75/ZT shell then ?
Yes the shells are different as the V8 is rear wheel drive. Damage isn't severe enough to warrant a reshell.

Also if damage was that bad the car wouldn't be being sold as a damage repairable.