View Single Post
Old 6th July 2021, 09:49   #2
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
I am considering LEDs for headlights on my 75’s and have become aware of a fan assisted type – as may be seen on the EBay site below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153713188...0AAOSw5G9dwp7a

The compatibility check says

This item fits 1 version(s) of the Rover 75 2002 Diesel Saloon 2.0 CDT FWD

and rest of the spec for these seems ok . In fairness to the seller , their photos seem to be the only ones showing you how to fit the bulbs but I have at least one query related to reinstating the cover for the lights unit as a whole . Will the base , bulb fan section:–

• get in the way of the cover
• overheat when the cover is on

Could , of course , not refit the rubber lights unit cover but then damp gets in ?
R75 headlights are actively ‘monitored’ so I am looking for a ‘Canbus ready’ variety. Whilst this is not mentioned in the spec they are of COB design (should be extra reliable) and , presumably , have built in resistors ie I take it they are Canbus ready.

Any observations / experience of these anyone?

Also welcome detail / refs to specific alternatives people have fitted and pleased with eg EBay site or other.

All the best and thanks.

Being a 2002 your car will be a MK1. What kind of headlights do you have? If you have reflectors then you can only fit standard halogen bulbs or you will blind everyone on the road. If you have projectors, and if it were my car, I would fit a decent HID kit and make sure the headlights are properly aligned. And then if some xenons came up cheap I would swap them out
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote