View Single Post
Old 10th September 2021, 15:30   #43
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by havvacuppa View Post
Sorry to resurrect this, got an 04 75, I've followed everything on this thread and reached the point where I've got the bulb literally in my hand, but I can't disconnect it. There's no spring clip btw, I guess the MK2 has a different design...but still a really bad one! Any ideas please?
Hello Paul, welcome to the confused club! The Mk2s have a bayonet/turn bulb fitting, which has its own issues for many people. The main and dipped lamp bulbs have a slightly different arrangement. So, dipped (outer) lamps first:

The bulb fitment uses a bayonet/one-eighth turn clip, so grasp the bulb/wiring connector and turn anticlockwise until it releases. It may be very tight, so just getting the bulb/bulbholder out of the mounting needs strong fingers. The second issue is detaching the wiring connector from the bulb. This is a 'simple' pull-straight-off fitment, but may need a lot of pull. The bayonet clip itself is a separate part and fits onto the wiring connector body.
The next image shows this outer dipped (non-HID) bulb (H7 55w).

The metal flange seen here is a simple positioning plate to ensure the bulb is orientated correctly in the reflector hole. The Mk1 models use this same bulb, but have the wire clip system shown earlier.

The inner lamps (main beam) bulb (H9 65w) fitting has a similar bayonet arrangement but the bulb body has a right-angled bend. The bayonet fastening is built into the bulb and the wiring connector has two flip open clips to allow it to pull off. Below shows an H9 bulb.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote