View Single Post
Old 28th March 2018, 21:16   #12
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post
OK Ian. I live about 15km away from the Classic Park in Boxtel and, having lived here for 45 years, know the area quite well! I always use the tunnel incidentally. Far easier and quicker, and as you say, not prone to weather disruptions. Obviously any difference in ferry/tunnel rates will probably be the deciding factor in the end though, I imagine.

My wife worked in a **** NH Hotel and Conference Centre in Eindhoven nearby for many years before retirement, and still has contacts which could help with a better than decent room-rate depending on the numbers involved and the dates when known. I can do quite a lot of running around to sort things out for you if necessary anyway, since I'm retired and tend to have time on my hands.

You may have seen posts from 'Supervinnie40', on the forum. Well, he lives only a little further away than me in Tilburg where there is a great theme park too (https://www.efteling.com/en), not only for kids, which could be one of the two days? Let's not leap ahead, but I will contact him and suggest we can maybe work together as a Dutch 'Anchor' when nearer the time.

I will be taking Le Shuttle and be at the Pride of Longbridge on April 14th, so if you or Trikey are too, then look me up with the Two-Sixties group (only Chatsworth LHD 75 V8 there I imagine !), and we can have a jaw about it?

David
Hello David
I will contact you in the next couple of days.
Many thanks and very best regards Ian