View Single Post
Old 5th December 2021, 10:49   #20
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
Um, yes I still think EV's are a great idea. Mine is usually sat on the drive fully charged and in the event of a prolonged power cut I've always got 160 miles of range and if I really had to I could always use a public charger which is no different to having to fill the ZT or X5 with fuel so I don't really see your point?

As said previously the new ZS which I'm aiming to upgrade to early next year has 270 miles of range and more importantly has vehicle to load which means I can power things like my heating system from the car in the event of a power cut.

That said we're lucky that a few years back they upgraded the power network here moving most of the cables underground which means we get less power cuts. Previously as soon as the wind got up we knew the power would go off, sometimes for quite a while whereas now we maybe have a couple of power cuts a year which just goes to show if power companies invest in the infrastructure then it can be made much more resilient, it's just a shame they are slow to do so.
It's 10 times more expensive to put power cables in the ground.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote