View Single Post
Old 15th December 2014, 19:37   #19
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

I'd be perfectly happy pushing my V6 for an extended period on the autobahn for example, I hope I will one day. I, similar to FrazzleTC drive my car harder than most would a 75 I enjoy the noise too much. Even if my engine ate itself, I could get a replacement cheap enough, and fit a timing belt much easier. Of course I don't want this to happen, but reassuring to know even if the worst happened it isn't a problem to me. I am happy to enjoy it for now.

A diesel doesn't have a desirable noise however, and with all the turbo and fuel pumps and so on (all easily repairable). Everyone who wants them are welcome to them I like my 6 cylinder though.

VIS motors aren't complicated and easily repaired, thermostats are cheap and I didn't find replacement difficult. I am even looking forward to the timing belt change. I like a challenge, not until its warm weather though.

I think it is best to buy whichever engine you want, and maintain it. Same goes for any car. Keep on top of it and make sure you enjoy it.