View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2021, 17:50   #14
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
You need to be careful with this, my father had a speeding fine a few years ago (34mph in a 30mph zone) and overpaid it to muck up the system. He got the cheque back with a letter and and a fee for late payment.
Might not be legal if challenged in a court of law as the offer to pay has been made. The surplus of funds is interesting and I'm sure our "learned friends" would be more than happy to argue the pro's and con's at £1,000 a day.

Quote:
In Oxford if you pay it within 14 days you pay less than if you wait or decide to contest it. If you contest it and loose you have to pay the full fine.
I think that is fairly standard Steve, certainly is so in my neck of the woods. There is some form of compliance standards they have to adhere to I believe.
Quote:

In my view over complicated parking meters or having to pay with a phone call dont help, yes I get it that the number plate is a good idea but some meters seem amazingly complicated. I recently gave up on one and moved my car to a place where you took a ticket and paid on your return.
Discrimination against people who have not, or cannot, use a mobile phone but hey, the Minister present and past never gave a monkey's and it's all about ease of monetary collection (Direct Debits, Tap&Go etc.).

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote