View Single Post
Old 13th November 2021, 12:57   #73
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Replaced the passenger side today. This is a perfect example of why things should be replaced in pairs:

Totally different drop links, different geometry as well. I know they're self adjusting but still.

The passenger side one was actually in good condition, not as much rust and rubber was still doing it's job as there was no water inside the joints.

Obviously the passenger side one has been replaced at some point in the past but they left the original drivers side one in place.

Whilst I had the wheels off I took the front brakes apart and inspected, cleaned and re-greased them.. Also checked over the front suspension, all looks ok, no obvious wear that needs attention. One should never miss an opportunity for some maintenance when the car is up and one's tools are out!

Short test drive over potholes and sharp turns of the steering wheel etc with the windows down showed that the problem has been solved, no strange noises and the brakes are working a bit better now as well.

Thanks to all the club members and these how to threads. Worth their weight in gold!

Ali.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg different_drop_links.jpg (77.7 KB, 55 views)
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 13th November 2021 at 13:05..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote