Old 30th January 2017, 07:14   #276
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
Hi Jeff

Sorry about the typo - i did mean to put Yanmar!

We moored our boat on the south side at a mooring owned by Norfolk Yacht Agency. As you will probably know they have a sales area at Brundall and also Horning. They are mainly sea going cruisers at Brundall and people who buy from them can join in their Cruise in Company programme. If you are not aware this takes the form of around 6 seperate cruises to destinations like Wells on the North Norfolk Coast, Southwold and Ipswitch to the south and also St Katherines Dock in London. These cruises are all planned by James Fraser, MD of NYA and gives inexperienced cruisers the chance to join in and have the back-up of experienced people and marine engineers on the journey.

You can see details of this on the NYA website and may be something to think of when planning for the future.

Thanks for the invite, we will keep a look out when we come to Norfolk in May.

Howard
Morning Howard,

I have watched some of their YouTube videos of those organised group coastal runs and it seems a very good idea to help peeps gain confidence.
It is certainly something similar I would very much consider when the time comes.

I doubt we will be taking our current boat (although it is the correct category) out on to coastal waters and would be more likely in the future if we buy a bigger boat such as a Broom.
Will be a long time before doing so though, for the moment whilst we are very much enjoying the Broads the Shetland seems very much the correct choice to have made

Not sure if you are aware but our mooring is at Acle Marina which is just round the corner from the Acle bridge, so not far to go when you come down in May