View Single Post
Old 1st January 2021, 10:18   #10
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I recently closed my Paypal account and will see how it goes using my debit card for online transactions. The problem with Paypal was twofold, some of the platforms I buy on charge extra for Paypal and ultimately I ended up being locked out of the account after Paypal changed to stricter verification. Prior to it doing so I had already dispensed with the phone number that I had registered and access became conditional on my response to a text to that number which I no longer had.

Clearly I had to contact Paypal and the only means it allowed was via telephone - no email or online chat. I phoned a few times to try to get it sorted but to no avail, and it was not a all easy to understand what sounded like heavily accented Chinese/Asian on the other end of the line. They tried changing the number for me but after doing so their system just kept throwing up an unable to verify notification without even going to the page for text verification. I decided to call it a day with Paypal for now after their only solution was to close the account and to open a new one.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote